"I had no idea about TOGAF 9 when I first came to the class. Now I am walking out with a good understanding of how it can be implemented. Steve’s experience in both EA and teaching made a great difference!"
"Good mix of lecture, group and individual exercises."
Attendee from a major global telecommunications services/solutions company
"My biggest concern prior to the training was the usefulness or applicability of TOGAF, because many training courses and frameworks instill a good feeling, but afterwards applying the ideas turns out to be very difficult.
During the first day of the training I realized that TOGAF is not only a framework, but it also provides guidelines and techniques that help to implement TOGAF in practice. The soft copy of the material includes the book, slide sets, various study aids, use cases and perhaps most importantly templates of the deliverables. This material is extremely useful and really makes a big difference when applying TOGAF.
Steve conducted the training using the experience and strong competence he possesses. Although at times it is hard to absorb the huge amount of information, Steve made it easier by focusing on the important topics. Steve runs repetitions of key TOGAF points so many times that it starts to stick. With the use cases and comparisons to other frameworks, Steve helped to clarify the position TOGAF and at the same time made the learning process easier.
Thanks to Steve’s thorough guidance it was possible to pass both exams in 2 weeks time after the training."
"I really enjoyed the connections between ArchiMate and TOGAF. Helped reinforce to TOGAF Principles"
Robert Caverzagie, Fairview Health Services
I wanted to reach out to you as I took your [TOGAF® 9 Course: Level 1 & Level 2 Combined] class remotely on June 20th-23rd and really enjoyed it. I wanted to let you know that it was very helpful – especially in grounding me on the TOGAF specification sections layout. This, as well as the mind map strategy on the level 2 test approach helped a great deal, and I’m happy to relate that I have passed both level 1 and level 2 tests and am now certified!
Attendee from a major global telecommunications company
"I enjoyed TOGAF 9 training very much. The materials are very well organized, and the provided documentation and the simulations gave us a better picture of TOGAF. Instructor Dr. Else is excellent. His rich experience and real world examples are the most valuable part of the course."
Student from Los Angeles, CA
"Course was put together well. Exercises were real world scenarios"
Emily Zhang, Enterprise Architect
I made a decision to take 4-day unpaid leave to take the live class. It was very much worth it! The class was full. The energy level was high. There were major benefits of taking the live class compared to self-study, as described below:
- More study materials, and more practice tests including a quiz website where Dr. Else generated tests to allow the students to see their rankings in each test.
- Dr. Else answered my questions. With self-study, you had no one to ask questions.
- Case studies: The class was not only useful for preparing for the tests, but also for solving real-world enterprise architecture issues. The group discussions of the case study covered fundamental areas where TOGAF could be applied to.
- Sharing among the students: The students shared how they would prepare for the tests and practical strategies.
- ArchiMate tool: This modeling tool was used to illustrate some concepts in standard notations.I highly recommend the live class for the above-mentioned benefits!Emily Zhang, Enterprise Architect