This 4-day course addresses all the information management disciplines as defined in the DAMA body of knowledge (DMBoK). Taught by a highly experienced Enterprise Architect, Dr. Steve Else, this course provides a solid foundation across all of the disciplines across the complete Information management spectrum. By attending the course, delegates will get a firm grounding of the core Information Management concepts and illustrate their practical application with real examples of how Information architecture is applied.
This course is designed for practitioners involved in Information management, data governance, master data management and data quality initiatives including: information managers, information architects, data architects, enterprise architects data managers, data governance managers, data quality managers, information quality practitioners, business analysts, executives, technology leaders, business technology partners.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- different categories of challenges,
- appreciate concepts including lifecycle management, normalization, dimensional modeling and data virtualization and appreciate why they are important,
- understand the critical roles of master data management and data governance and how to effectively apply them,
- understand the different facets (dimensions) of data quality and explore a workable data quality framework,
- describe the major considerations for successful data governance and how it can be introduced in bite-sized pieces,
- understand the different types of data models and their applicability,
- attend the DAMA certification exam.
Students who register for this course will have the option to purchase the course with or without the exam voucher. To purchase the course without the exam voucher use discount code DAMA300 at checkout.