Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect is a full lifecycle modeling and design tool with an installed base of more than 350,000 licenses and supported by 230 partners in 160 countries.
Introduction to Enterprise Architect is intended for those new to the use of UML based modeling and design tools. It provides students with the information and knowledge to start using Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect (EA) productively in their organization. More importantly, students will gain the confidence to use more of the tools capabilities on their own.
Beginning with an overview of architecture, systems thinking, and the Unified Modeling Language (UML), students will then have hands-on opportunities to learn to use the tool for a variety of common activities in typical usage scenarios like requirements development, business/enterprise architecture, or systems architecture/engineering.
The course topics are introduced as part of hands on exercises, which can be geared toward organizational needs (e.g., business modeling, requirements development, systems architecture, etc.). Students will work with the latest version of Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect. Common EA activities will be exercised by students to create a project, requirements, use cases, and activity diagrams. The focus is on providing a working knowledge of the tool using it as a means of communication with stakeholders and analysis. At the conclusion of the course students will be prepared to effectively use EA in their work. Course topics include:
- Introduction to systems thinking, modeling, and architecture
- Overview of UML and its core diagrams – Structural, Behavioral, Extended
- Matching EA editions to user needs
- Using EA in common activities
- Project creation
- Model selection
- Model organization using views and packages
- Adding/Creating, moving, and deleting models, diagrams, and elements
- Element Linking
- Model navigation
- Searching a model
- Requirements development
- Use cases and scenarios
- Activity Diagrams
- Using the Relationship Matrix to view, create, and delete relationships
- Tagged Values
- Project Glossary
- Documentation - Generating reports in RTF and HTML
- Diagram and element layout and appearance
Other topics can be included depending on time and class interest.
Duration: 2 Days
Classroom Equipment: Students will be provided with a trail version of the latest Enterprise Architect.